everything you need to know about car rental
Renting a car can be a tricky affair. Some people will tell you that it’s a minefield and others that it couldn’t be easier, but which is right?
Well first of all, renting a car can seem like an intimidating process. There are so many companies out there, how on earth do you know which one to go with? And then there’s the price! In today’s world of online comparison shopping, it can be easy to get overwhelmed.
But don’t worry too much — we can help you figure things out.
How do I get a good deal on a rental car?
Here are some tips and tricks that will make car rental a breeze:
- Research your options. There are a huge number of car rental companies — but don’t just pick the first name that comes up in your search. Take a little time to investigate each one and see what they have to offer. It may take some extra time, but it will be worth it in the long run.
- Consider your budget. You may want to get the biggest, flashiest car on offer, but that doesn’t mean that it’s the best option for you. Many companies will have tiered pricing and there are plenty of other ways to save money — such as book ahead of time or renting through a sister company. Do some research on this before heading to the rental office.
- Compare insurance options. Driving a car means that you’re responsible for any damage caused to it during your time with it — but some companies will offer additional coverage, which is often not worth the extra money at all. When you’re comparing prices, find out what each company offers in terms of insurance.
- Read the fine print. Rental car companies are there to make a profit, and some will use all kinds of tricks to confuse you and drain your bank account. Before you sign on the dotted line, make sure that you’ve read every last word of their terms and conditions so you know exactly what you’re getting into.
What is the cheapest way of renting a car?
There is no one-size-fits-all answer to this question, as the prices of renting a car vary depending on several factors. Some of the main considerations that can affect your rental price include:
- The type and size of vehicle you want to rent. Different vehicles have different rental costs; for example, larger vehicles tend to be more expensive than smaller ones.
- The length of time that you want to rent the vehicle for. Rental prices are often based on a per-day rate, so the longer you keep the car, the cheaper it will be overall.
- Whether you choose to purchase additional insurance or not. Standard rental rates do not include collision insurance (damage to the car), liability coverage (liability for damage to other people or their property), or personal accident insurance. Depending on your existing car and home insurance policies, you may be covered for some of these costs already — so it’s worth checking with your insurer if you have any doubts.
Why are one way rentals so expensive?
There is no one definitive answer to this question, as the price of one way rentals can vary greatly depending on a number of factors. Some of the main reasons that one way rentals are often more expensive than standard rentals include the distance you are travelling, the type of vehicle you are renting, the rental company you choose, and whether you are booking on a high-demand weekend or holiday.
Additionally, many one way rentals require an upfront fee or a deposit in order to make the reservation. Ultimately, there is no simple answer to this question — but if you do your research and shop around, it is possible to get a great deal on one way rentals.
Where is the cheapest place to book a rental car?
There is no single "cheapest place" to book a rental car, as prices can vary significantly depending on a wide range of factors. Some things to consider when comparing prices include:
- The time of year that you plan on renting the vehicle. Prices tend to be higher during peak travel times, such as holidays or school vacations.
- The type of vehicle you want to rent. Smaller, economy-class vehicles are often cheaper than larger models (and vice versa).
- Whether it is a special offer or deal that you are taking advantage of — for example, many companies will offer discounts if you book in advance or use their app to reserve your car.
Ultimately, the best way to find a deal on renting a car is to shop around and compare prices from multiple companies. This way, you can find the lowest cost option that still meets your needs. Some good places to start include online travel booking sites like Kayak or Hotwire, as well as individual rental car company websites. Another option is to use a site like CarRentals.com, which offers rental car price comparisons from multiple companies at once.
Whichever method you choose, the key is to do your research and make sure that you’re getting the best possible deal for your needs!