- May 2013 Used Car Market Editorial
- May 2013 Used LCV Market Editorial
- MyCarCheck.com responds to Department for Transport’s VIC consultation results (published 22 April): Extend it, don’t scrap it!
- MyCarCheck.com enables UK used car buyers to check a car’s history for less than the price of a pint… just £2.95
- MyCarCheck.com/Trade launched!
- Short History of Vehicle Data or HPI Checks
Up to 50 fields of data from the SMMT.
Unlimited use on Web and iPhone.
Motor Industry News
MyCarCheck reveals the shocking truth: 1 in 6 cars have been written-off
MyCarCheck.com - the UK's No.1 vehicle provenance website - has saved millions of people from making an expensive used car mistake. Following a customer survey showing that 21% of people would consider buying a previously written-off vehicle, MyCarCheck has released new figures showing that 17.37% of all cars have been written-off.
|Write-off category||Brief description||Number of records|
|Cat A||Extreme damage. Shouldn't be back on the road.||448,307|
|Cat B||Significant damage. Shouldn't be back on the road but salvageable parts.||2,049,415|
|Cat C||Repairable damage but repair costs exceed vehicle value.||3,889,630|
|Cat D||Repairable damage but significant repair costs.||1,885,447|
* This relates to a Total Vehicle Pool (TVP) of 46,456,106
Roger Powell, Divisional Head at CDL Vehicle Information Services (which owns MyCarCheck.com), commented: "According to our data, which is respected throughout the industry for its accuracy, 17.37% of the Total Vehicle Pool are previous write-offs. That is one in every six vehicles, higher than the one in seven ratio which is often reported. If you add in 'outstanding theft' categories, the number of vehicles with some sort of insurance marker against them leaps to around one in four."