- May 2013 Used Car Market Editorial
- May 2013 Used LCV Market Editorial
- MyCarCheck.com responds to Department for Transport’s VIC consultation results (published 22 April): Extend it, don’t scrap it!
- MyCarCheck.com enables UK used car buyers to check a car’s history for less than the price of a pint… just £2.95
- MyCarCheck.com/Trade launched!
- Short History of Vehicle Data or HPI Checks
Up to 50 fields of data from the SMMT.
Unlimited use on Web and iPhone.
Motor Industry News
We gather around 50-100,000 pieces of raw actual sales data per month (depending on time of year) from auctions and dealers, talk to a network of around 150 dealers (trade and retail prices) and leasing companies (on a daily basis) and many manufacturers provide us with their wholesale sales data.
This data (both actual and anecdotal) is analysed ONLY by experienced motor trade experts (see profiles below) and is maintained on a state of the art SQL database.
The valuation data on the mycarcheck.com website has been analysed by What Car?, Virgin, Used Car Buyer, Merlin Consumer publishing, other players in the provenance market, consumer sales portals, manufacturers and retailers.
It is found to reflect true real world valuations for used vehicles. Trader Guide is extensively used by dealers and traders working at the 'coal face' of the motor trade.
VIP (our data suppliers) are currently responsible for 40-50,000 individual consumer used valuations per month through various brands, making us the 2nd biggest player in this arena.
Data quality and accuracy is the life-blood of our business, which perhaps is one reason why this data is the fastest growing used value data in the UK.