- June 2013 Used LCV Market Editorial
- June 2013 Used Car Market Editorial
- MyCarCheck.com responds to Department for Transport’s VIC consultation results (published 22 April): Extend it, don’t scrap it!
- MyCarCheck.com enables UK used car buyers to check a car’s history for less than the price of a pint… just £2.95
- MyCarCheck.com/Trade launched!
- MyCarCheck.com’s valuation experts name their ‘best used cars for students’
- Short History of Vehicle Data or HPI Checks
Up to 50 fields of data from the SMMT.
Unlimited use on Web and iPhone.
Guide To Car Data Checks
Be aware that vehicles imported from outside the European Union may not come with a full history. Vehicles from inside the EU are no longer regarded as an "import" and generally treated as if they were first registered in mainland GB.
As a term 'previous owners' can be misleading as the V5C uses the term 'former keeper' or 'former keepers'. E.g. If a vehicle is advertised as having one former keeper then it means, in effect, there were really two actual owners!
This can be misleading but if a vehicle is a genuine one, the registration document should say "no former keepers".
There are many issues surrounding the V5C or log book, but you can always call us if you wish to ask advice about this or any other problem regarding vehicle history or the DVLA vehicle data that you may wish to discuss.